Monday, December 19, 2011

art

Don't know why I'm thinking about this today...

But I remember an art class in gradeschool where the teacher told us to draw a vase.
I'm sure I panicked immediately...
 but no sweat I thought and proceeded to draw the beautiful vase my mother had...
a crystal footed vase.
As the teacher walked the aisles she stopped at my desk and told me my picture wasn't a vase and pointed this out to the entire class who I'm sure snickered at the comment.


Well...
I now know art comes in many forms.
My mother does beautiful quilt pieces...
one sister does counted cross stitch that I would never have the patience to do.
Another sister took wonderful photos at our daughter's wedding this summer...
my daughter, well, she wants to do it all like myself
and my husband does fun wood projects for me.

I wish I could have explained this to that old teacher then.
 I was determined that no teacher would ever stifle my children.

Happy Monday all!
These tiny (artistic) Christmas socks are on there
 (or is it they're or their? Maybe that teacher should have concentrated on teaching me that)
 way to our granddaughters.
b

2 comments:

  1. I think the only class I was ever stifled in was music. Now if I turn the music up loud enough, I sound just like the real singer. Isnt that an easy fix. The rest well.....I was raised to test the limits (especially my father's) so I will try anything once. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That teacher should've been fired that day! I bet she was born around 1930 with zero talent,a dead beat husband and 5 ugly kids, she couldn't wait to stifle Lila's daughter! You should've told Dad, he would've put her in her place! I bet Mrs. Stifle is rolling in her grave over your tole painting, purses, princess dresses, scarves,slippers,shawls,quilts,dish cloths,stockings, Whewwww need I go on???

    ReplyDelete