Monday, October 31, 2011

epitaphs

Funny epitaphs perfect for today...

Here lies my wife
Here let her lie
Now she has peace
And so do I


Here lies the body of Kermit Smoot
He almost learned to parachute

And these are real epitaphs on old gravestones...

Here lies Ann Mann,
Who lived an old maid
But died an old Mann.

Here lies
Johnny Yeast
Pardon me
For not rising

On the 22nd of June
-Jonathan Fiddle-
Went out of Tune

Here lies Owen Moore
Gone away
O'win more
Than he could pay


Here lies the body
of Jonathan Blake
Stepped on the gas
Instead of the brake


I took these photographs on our trip to Florida in May.
The haunted mansion in Disney World is one of my favorite exhibits.

Happy Halloween!
b



3 comments:

  1. I recognized it right away. Let's go back SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh aren't you the clever one! That will forever be one of my favorites at Disney also!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. came over from your sister's place. these were cute. :)

    ReplyDelete