Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mary Poppins

I am happy to finally have this bag completed!
I designed this carpet bag in a Mary Poppins style and after ones I had been admiring for a year with price tags of $165 to over $200.
The outside is an upholstery weight fabric lined with another upholstery fabric.

The inside features numerous pickets including a zippered pocket to hold small items.
The handles are wooden.
I made three of these as gifts last Christmas. This one got ignored for a year due to the lining being a heavy suede. I just couldn't seem to get the handles on neatly enough to suit my taste.
After trying everything, including taking it in to a shoe shop to have them sewn on and taken back off. I finally ordered new handles in a thinner design and sewed them on by machine. I am extremely happy with the way it now looks and am claiming it for my own knitting projects. b

2 comments:

  1. What fun material!
    I absolutely LOVE mine!! The projects are constantly going in and out, now whether they go out completed, is a whole other story!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that is supercalifragilisticexpealidocous!!

    ReplyDelete