Friday, October 15, 2010

Green Friday

   I saw this morning that Daisy Quilts blog is hosting colorful Friday and the color green today.
   I declared green off-limits years ago after seeing way too much of it in the 1970's - green shag carpets, olive green appliances and Mr. B's green army fatigues!
   But I do like the new softer greens of today and it seems to be slowly creeping it's way back into our home - kitchen walls, throw rugs, sheets...
Who doesn't think of frogs with the color green?


And of course there's the daughter's high school letter jacket...


I've been saving this Dreambaby yarn for little stocking hats...

I love this old Fire King Jadite bowl

Yesterday I threw this broccoli-cheese soup in the crockpot.
So easy and fast. It is delicious!

1 small onion, chopped
oil
20-oz. pkg. frozen broccoli
2 - 10 3/4-oz. cans cream of celery soup
10 3/4-oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup grated American cheese
2 soup cans milk

1. Saute onion in oil in skillet until soft.
2. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
3. Cover. Cook on Low 3-4 hours.

I didn't have time to saute onion so chopped up fine and threw in raw, worked fine. I also blended up half or so (after cooking) in the blender to chop up some of the broccoli.     b


No comments:

Post a Comment