Thursday, October 28, 2010

comfort food

My chicken soup begins with homemade egg noodles.

No fancy equipment required here...
 just my old pastry cloth and Grandma B's rolling pin.
 I love the red handles.

Throw in a rotisserie chicken and lots of fresh vegetables,
 or even some not so fresh that need to be used up, and simmer all afternoon.


It's comfort food for that first snowy day of the season.

While the soup was simmering I finished up these little dolly sweaters.
I wonder if dolly needs some soft flannel pajamas?   b

2 comments:

  1. SO CUTE!! Oh and yummy soup too. I am hoping to finish my first sweater tonight. The best part of learning the sweater pattern was the teacher and actually getting to learn it in person. THANKS MOM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken soup? Is somebody sick, or is it for the soul? Love those sweaters...wish I had a dolly!

    ReplyDelete