Monday, August 5, 2024

vintage

It's no secret how much I love vintage.
This old and rare shed is a Montgomery Wards catalog purchase.
I have researched the sheds numerous times but never can find much on them.
 This is what one man wrote online...

My old rusty tin shed has lasted for many years and still going strong. It was purchased at Montgomery Ward for $39.99. That was a steal of a deal to the consumer. This shed's dimensions are 6 feet by 8 feet and is somewhat roomy once you poke your head inside. Thinking back when this shed was constructed, I remember it taking all day and the instruction manual was roughly sixty pages long. It took for ever to dredge through each page one by one, it was a very long process that still puts a strain in my mind just thinking about piecing it together. There was a box of tin sheets and a bag of nuts and bolts that came with it, there wasn't any missing parts.

 


Embroidered pillowcases, what can I say? Another vintage tradition.
Serveral of these I even crocheted the edges.


~b

1 comment: