Monday, October 2, 2023

Back to the kitchen

Today I am back in my kitchen with grapes I found in Wisconsin.

There they were in these cute little cardboard crates at a roadside market reminding me of our last house where I had a grape arbor. The arbor was in the backyard when we bought the house. I wasn't into making my own jellies at the time...kids, jobs and a huge house to keep clean came first. It was after we had lived there for many years that I finally found the courage to make those grapes into jelly and let me tell you it was the best grape jelly I had ever had.


I was never a fan of grape jelly until I had homemade which has more of a berry flavor than grape.


Homemade jelly always calls for homemade bread.


We biked by this fabulous Door County farm several times where I took my pictures. 





I copied this information off of their website.

Hidden Acres Farm
We're building a community around local, healthy food at Hidden Acres Farm and Beach Road Community Garden in Door County, Wisconsin.
Hidden Acres is the family project of Tom and Carolyn Rehberger. From years with home gardens, a passion for cooking and healthy foods, and seeing the resurgence of community gardens, they’ve created a community around their passions.

I bet they grow grapes.

~b

No comments:

Post a Comment