Monday, May 1, 2023

weekend chef

Weekends signal valuable time spent in my kitchen.


This pull-apart bread is delicious but I'm going to keep practicing presentation.
I think I got that quote from my high school home ec teach Mrs. Lynch.
Believe me she didn't teach me a thing...I could have almost taught that class.
Which brings up the D I got on the cuts of beef test. I still don't know that.

I loved my mother's pull-apart bread but she didn't teach any of her three daughters how to make bread.
It's a hands on skill.



Mr. b picked up a rotisserie chicken or as I call it "50 Ways To Please Your Lover".

I made a large pan of chicken enchiladas and have chicken and rice soup simmering on the stove at the moment and there is still left over chicken. It doesn't get much more budget friendly.
Don't forget the three quarts of bone broth I made with the bones and carcass.


 I'm dreaming of a garden here.
I quit gardening years ago...not enough rain, too many chemicals in town, 
too old, bla bla bla excuses excuses.

~b

No comments:

Post a Comment