Thursday, February 27, 2020

observations

Texas Observations:
- Texas is a huge state with a lot of history.
- Road signage is terrible
- The traffic is also terrible 


- It seems like I am either hot or cold. This South Dakota girl just hasn't adapted yet
- It's like South Dakota spring here now and we will get two springs this year.
- I did not know they grow cotton or pecans here. 
It seems there is a lot about Texas I did not know.
- I am not going home until I see an armadillo or bluebonnets.


- I love the live oaks.
 Oak is my favorite wood as so much antique furniture was made with it.


-  Their Mexican cuisine is delicious but I have yet to have barbecue or a margarita.
- My favorite so far has been the Gulf of Mexico and Port Aransas.
- The garbage in the ditches is terrible...which makes me appreciate SD even more.
I'll add more to this list later...I have sightseeing to go to right now.

~b

2 comments:

  1. Quite a trip!
    How long have you been gone?
    I’d think you’d have found a margarita by now!
    You have to see Bluebonnets, beautiful to see fields of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come out, come out little armadillo! I miss my mom and dad. :)

    ReplyDelete