Monday, September 9, 2019

in the kitchen with barb

I drug my feet for quite awhile before I finally bought a multi-cooker this summer.
Daughter knit and pearl has one that she loves.
 
 
My thinking was why would I want to pressure cook food fast
when we were talked into cooking food low and slow in our crock pots?
Add to that the horror stories I heard as a young girl about pressure cookers exploding?
 
 
Todays vegetable beef soup is the fifth meal I have made in it...
chicken burrito bowls, Spanish rice, white chicken chili, pulled pork and today's soup.
I cooked dry navy beans in it to add to the chili.
 
 
I'm telling you...I love this pot.
Now I think I need to make some bread in my bread machine to go with this soup.
Grandma never had it this good in her kitchen.

 
 
This weekend I started journaling our summer trips.
It's a fun process but very time consuming.
 
~b


1 comment: