Thursday, April 25, 2019

mother's flowers

I closed up my little sewing sweatshop for a few days
which for me means wandering around aimlessly at times.
 
 
I picked up a couple of pillowcases that my mother had started embroidering.
Like me...she never liked having to do two of the same thing back to back.
I always tried to encourage her to do them in different colors if that helped.
I suppose no one even uses hand-embroidered pillowcases anymore.
I treat them like valuable artifacts not be touched or used.
 
 
I hope my granddaughters like them someday
 because I have a closet full of beautiful hand stitched items
 from three generations.
 
~b
 


2 comments:

  1. My Mom too is an embroiderer. At 95&1/2 that is what keeps her going plus crossword puzzles. I have dabbled in embroidery, quilting and coloring books. I know they are there when I need them. We will never be able to Wear out all the dish towels and pillow cases mom has made. Deb

    ReplyDelete