Saturday, March 17, 2018

St. Patrick's Day

I'm not Irish but I do love potatoes and cabbage,
fisherman sweaters and Celtic music.
For me St Patrick's Day is always an excuse
 to experiment with a few new Irish recipes.

This Irish Guinness brown bread is excellent.
I got the recipe from The Barefoot Contessa online.


We had it for our supper with this corned beef and cabbage.


In case I find the pot at the end of the rainbow today
 I made myself a new zipper pouch to hold a few of those coins.


Knitting dishrags is a mindless task.
 And who cares if your dishrag has a few mistakes in it right?

When I think Irish I think of the movie The Titanic
so maybe tonight I will watch it for the umpteenth time.

Titanic's last port of call was Cobh, County Cork, Ireland. 


~b

3 comments:

  1. WRONG! What was grandma Javers maiden's name???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bread sounds good . . .
    I will check the BC . . .
    Have you been to Ireland?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are stubborn and hard headed just like your Irish grand-mother. Now you got your anonymous brother telling you, so now do you believe you are part Irish?? ITYS!

    ReplyDelete