Wednesday, December 5, 2012

1988

I'm finally getting to do a little Christmas decorating today.
Wow! Do you make a mess like I do?
 
Mr. b went to work still looking a little peaked...
but I think he remembered what a day is like at home
when I get it torn up to do my decorating.
 
 
It wouldn't take so long if I didn't seem to get so sidetracked.
 
I love digging out ornaments that we have collected
from here and there on trips we have taken.
 
This one is from our California trip in 1988...
our kids were 9 and 10 years old.
Looking back I can't believe I loaded up both kids
and drove to Reno, Nevada where we met up with
Mr. b who was already there for his job.
 
Our kids were my navigators as I drove over the mountains...
they definitely learned how to read a map on that trip.
b

3 comments:

  1. Every year at Christmas time I want a bigger house to display all my decorations! I swear I could decorate 3 houses. Of course it's all so old and out of style, but how can I part with so many memories! Almost done here- one more tree in my kitchen then I can start the Christmas baking! woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precisely why it takes awhile to decorate . . . each ornament has a memory attached!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Tyson getting us lost in Salt Lake City!! LOL. I remember playing in the bamboo shoots and sliding on the wet grass in the back of our hotel. I also remember being terrified when you wanted a picture of us on the wharf. LOL. My fear of sharks still exists. Did you let me what Jaws at too early of an age?!!!

    ReplyDelete