Thursday, June 23, 2011

Meet Mac

I say if you're going to blow calories on macaroni and cheese...
make it worth it!


Barb's Homemade Mac 'n Cheese
8 oz. any type pasta, cooked

Bechamel sauce
Melt 2 T. butter in cast-iron pan
saute lots of chopped onions in butter
Whisk in 2 T. flour
keep whisking, add 2 cups milk and thicken (I like to add a little cream if I have it)
add mustard and ground pepper to your liking.
Stir in 2-3 cups cheese, I use whatever I have on hand, mix it up...
Add cooked pasta to sauce.
(now here's the secret...)
Keeping in cast iron pan, bake 30 min. in 350 oven
Sprinkle a little extra cheese over the top last 10 minutes.
mmmm, trust me, you'll never make boxed again! b

1 comment:

  1. I think I just gained 5 lbs. reading this recipe. Yummmm!!I love a good baked macaroni,especially in the winter time.

    ReplyDelete