Wednesday, May 30, 2012

trippin'

Pa and I loaded up the jalopy for the long Memorial Day weekend
 and headed way up north to daughter knit and pearl's...


When I say way up north...
I mean it's a seven hour road trip straight north
almost all the way to the Canada border.

It would have been so much quicker to fly...


But it could be worse right...


It's a beautiful scenic drive through farmland...
they raise mostly canola in North Dakota.


I hope this farmer remembered to honor the veteran's
that fought for his freedom to farm his land.

Mr. b is a veteran, but we made him work.
He and our daughter's CEO installed 4 exterior doors in their home,
and they did a fabulous job.


I love a pretty country church...
can you hear the congregation singing Rock Of Ages?
Our trip takes us past numerous country churches.


My sister of Sall's Country Life takes great pictures of old barns.

We know we're there when we see the Rolla water tower...


All these great pictures are part of this mural
 painted by Rolla artists on the side of one of their main street buildings.


Me and Mr. b make great traveling companions...
he drives -
I 'knit and pearl.'


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow!! Great post! I love the use of the mural. :)
    I miss you guys already!!!! Thank you for the great weekend of fun!

    ReplyDelete