Monday, July 26, 2010

D is for Dime


My week started out pretty good this Monday morning. My paycheck showed a 10 cent raise!
10 cents in 2010 might not be a big deal but I started thinking what that same 10 cents bought me in 1963 when I was 10 years old...
It may have been a bottle of soda pop to share with my sister, make sure you wipe off the top before handing it back!


Or an Archie or Millie the Model comic book. Boy did we have a lot of comic books. I think Dad figured out that they kept us 4 kids quiet in the back seat of that old Pontiac.


Hey, 3 dimes bought a gallon of gas for that Pontiac!
 Two dimes bought a loaf of bread.
Or a dime bought two postage stamps to mail a letter to Grandma T. and Aunt Verola.
But my favorite...10 cents worth of candy corn from the bulk candy counter at Ben Franklin!


                                              I'm surprised I still have all my own teeth...b

No comments:

Post a Comment