Monday, February 28, 2011

good riddance

Good riddance February!
I may be another month older but I'm always glad to get through the long/short month of February.
I love winter but surely the month of Feb. tests us all.
The weekend was productive here as I almost completed my to-do list.
These baby shoes were a quick and fun project.
I have the softest baby yarn on my needles for a cap.
Can you guess what I have it pictured in?
It's not a giant tea cup.
It's a chamber pot, ha.
The table runner looks spring-like and is ready for some quilting.
The tomato bisque soup is restaurant good.

Tomato Bisque Soup
(recipe yields 1 gallon, approximately)
1/4 pound butter
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
3/4 cup white flour
1 quart whole milk, warmed
1 46-oz. can tomato juice
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 28-oz. cans tomatoes, peeled and diced
3/4 teaspoon ground Greek Oregano
dash of white pepper
1/2 cup sugar (optional)
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt

Saute onions in butter until transparent. Sift in the flour, stirring vigorously and constantly. Whisk in warmed milk until it starts to thicken, about 10 minutes of until it starts to bubble. Add the tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and diced tomatoes, again stirring constantly just to a boil. Slowly add the rest of the ingredients and bring back to boil.
This recipe can be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months.
b

No comments:

Post a Comment