Saturday, March 27, 2010

Babies...


It's baby shower day for a friend of the daughter. It's always hard for me to picture these girl's as mothers. My memories are very vivid of them growing up. I think they started school together in the second grade. I remember them climbing our tree house and years later driving off in the old orange jeep Mr. B. bought for our teenagers to use. Not too many teenagers would have been thrilled to be seen driving this pumpkin around town, but our daughter and her friends were.

Back to my blankets...I love to make receiving blankets and crocheting around them. So another baby means another excuse to buy flannel, although I always have a shelf full of flannel and already made blankets. I have given dozens away.
My mother made us one when our son was born, I still have it 32 years later.

I love this blanket. I think it looks like vintage flannel, very old fashioned. b

No comments:

Post a Comment